Saturday, February 15, 2014

Inspiration Post: "Emboss Resist Technique"!!

Hey Everyone!! This is Elina with an inspiration post for you all!! I decided to do my post on a technique I've been doing recently called "Emboss Resist". It's basically stamping onto white cardstock (or any color for that matter) using VersaMark ink. You then add your white embossing powder (for this project I used Antique Ivory from Stampin Up), heat set it and add another layer of color on top. Where ever you embossed, it resists the color and stays white. It' a cool technique that you can use for creating a nice background or sentiment to your project.
Here is a list of the things I used and a step by step photo representation of the process:

-VersaMark ink pad
-Embossing powder
-Heat tool
-Stamps ( I used a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Set)
-Stamp Block or Press
-white cardstock

To start off, I arranged my stamps on my stamp press.

Then stamped onto the white cardstock using VersaMark ink.

Added the ivory embossing powder to cover the entire panel.

Heat set it with my heat tool.

I added Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa inks from Stampin Up to add color to the panel.

Love how the ivory embossing powder just pops off this panel.

Now you can use this embossed piece to decorate the front of a card or on a layout.

I chose to do a card and here's the pic for that:



I hope you enjoyed this post and got inspired to try this technique for yourself!! 








4 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I've heard of this, but have never tried it. Think I'm going to have to now :-) Great effect, and looks so nice when done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great ! TFS ! I really love this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks so cool.Love the effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love! We enjoy reading your comments x